Afterglow is an all-girl band in the BanG Dream! franchise. The group consists of five members, namely Mitake Ran on guitar and vocals, Aoba Moca on guitar, Uehara Himari on bass, Udagawa Tomoe on drums, and Hazawa Tsugumi on keyboard. They debuted with the song That Is How I Roll!
A girl band made up of 5 childhood friends. When Ran (Vo.) moved to a different class in middle school, the girls made a band so they could still see each other. Now in high school, they love playing in their band, practicing after school and playing live shows. They get along famously and almost never fight. Though they're still fairly inexperienced, they gained popularity for their powerful performances and strong vocals.
Originally each girl wore different outfits from each other with minor details matching, such as jewelry. Each member also wore matching shoes or boots in their theme color, accent by black strings, sole, and a pair of socks or stockings.
In their first anniversary outfits, the girls wear outfits similar to their original but paired with a black hoodie that has Afterglow written on it. Each girl also happens to wear buckled straps on their legs, chokers, and black boots paired with tights or socks matching her theme color.
In their second anniversary outfits, each girl wears a jacket matching her image color. While Ran, Himari, and Tsugumi share the same top with laces, Moca wears a similar outfit but with iron chains, and Tomoe wears a similar top but with belts on the bottom. While Ran, Moca, and Tomoe don’t wear any head accessories, Himari wears a hairband with a ribbon, and Tsugumi wears a black beret.
- That Is How I Roll!
- True color
- Scarlet Sky
- Hey-day Capriccio
- Jamboree! Journey!
- COMIC PANIC!!!
- Tsunagu, Soramoyou
- Rumbling Memory
- ON YOUR MARK
- Itsumo Doori no Brand new days
- Easy come, Easy go!
- I love your way!
- RED RED RED
- I knew it!
- ONE OF US
- Trouble Joyful!!
- Don't say "lazy"
- Great escape
- Asu no Yozora Shoukaihan
- READY STEADY GO
- Pride Kakumei
- Reach Out To The Truth
- Lost One no Goukoku
- Crow Song
- Shunkan Sentimental
- Goya no Machiawase
- Aoi Shiori
- Ai no Scenario
- Rolling star
- Northern lights
- Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)
- How to Sekai Seifuku
- Quintuple☆Smile (Kasumi x Ran x Aya x Yukina x Kokoro)
- Picotto! Papitto!! GARUPA☆PICO!!! (Kasumi x Ran x Aya x Yukina x Kokoro)
- Hitori Janain Dakara (Aya x Moca x Lisa x Kanon x Tsugumi)
- Ohmori Icchou! Garupa☆Pico (Kasumi x Ran x Aya x Yukina x Kokoro)
- TWiNKLE CiRCLE (Kasumi x Ran x Aya x Yukina x Kokoro)
- Kyouen Red x Violet (Roselia x Afterglow)
- PICO tarumono, FEVER! (Kasumi x Ran x Aya x Yukina x Kokoro x Mashiro x LAYER)
- Ran and Moca have both appeared in the 3rd episode of BanG Dream! 1st Season as guests in SPACE.
- Initially Afterglow was one of the only units not to wear matching or vaguely similar/themed attire.
- In As Evening Clears event story, several names suggested before they decided for the name "Afterglow" were: Himari's Band (and its variation Hii-chan's Band), RMHTT, UltraViolet, Stratosphere, Omni, and Evening.
- Like Poppin'Party, the members are all second-year students and go to the same school.
- Similar to Pastel*Palettes and Hello, Happy World!, the majority of Afterglow's members (aside from Tomoe and Tsugumi) had no experience playing their instruments prior to forming the band.
- Afterglow was the first band to have an event that featured a collaboration with another anime franchise, Persona.
- They were the first to have their event feature a title/event song by another band ("Life Will Change" by Poppin'Party).
- In Japanese, their band name is also shortened often into Afuro (アフロ). The word "Afuro" is often used by Moca's seiyuu Misawa Sachika in the form of a greeting (KonbanAfuro).
- Their family names (Mitake, Aoba, Uehara, Udagawa and Hazawa) are all based on the names of areas in Shibuya.