BanG Dream! (バンドリ!, Bandori!) is a Japanese multimedia project (the project often shorthanded to BDP for BanG Dream! Project) developed by Bushiroad. BanG Dream! has released music CD's, anime music videos, live concert videos, manga adaptions, games, card games, and an anime series.
Bushiroad launched the project in January 2015. Poppin'Party was formed in February 2015. With the creation of the mobile game, four other bands were created namely Afterglow, Pastel*Palettes, Roselia, and Hello, Happy World!
An all-girl band project, THE THIRD, was announced in January of 2018 , the band change the name as RAISE A SUILEN and became part of the second season of the anime, in the mobile game the band's members appeared on the stories occasionally
An all-male band project, Argonavis, was announced in May of 2018. This project exists in a separate universe, and was announced to not going to have any interaction with the Girls Band Party universe.
- For the major events since the announcement of the BanG Dream! Project, see here.
- The first season aired from January 21 to April 22, 2017 with 13 episodes
- An OVA aired on August 19 and 20 and included on the first season's 7th Blu-ray Volume that was released on November 22, 2017.
- A second season was announced to air from January 2019, and a third season to air from October 2019.
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO, also called BanG Dream! Garupa☆Pico ( ガルパ☆ピコ), is a mini-anime series featuring the girls from the mobile game Girls Band Party! which is slated to air starting July 5, 2018.
Manga and Light Novels
- The first is "BanG_Dream!: Star Beat". It was illustrated and written by Ishida Aya and serialized in Monthly Bushiroad from January 8, 2015 to December 8, 2015.
- The second is "BanG Dream!". It is illustrated and written by Kashiwabara Mami in collaboration with Nakamura Kou and serialized in Monthly Bushiroad from April 8, 2016.
- The third is "Yonkoma Bandori!". It is illustrated and written by Shiroi Hakuto and serialized in Dengeki G's Comic from May 25, 2016 to November 2016.
- The fourth is entitled "BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Roselia Stage". It is written by Pepako Dokuta and illustrated by Craft Egg and Bushiroad. It was serialized in Overlap.
- The first light novel is entitled "BanG Dream!". It is written by Nakamura Kou and illustrated by Hitowa. The novel was published on August 25, 2016 by ASCII Media Works.
- A free rhythm game was developed by Craft Egg and released by Bushiroad for iOS and Android devices on March 16, 2017, called "BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!" (バンドリ！ ガールズバンドパーティ！ Bandori! Gāruzu Bando Pāti!).
- A Taiwanese version was released on October 10, 2017.
- A Korean version was released on February 6, 2018.
- An English was released on April 3, 2018 with initial launch in Singapore on March 29, 2018.
- The series has received multiple packs for the Bushiroad card game, Weiss Schwarz. The first pack was the BanG Dream! Trial Deck+ that was released on February 15, 2017.
It airs every Thursday, 23:00 (JST) on TOKYO MX and every Thursday, 24:30 (JST) on Sun TV. The official YouTube channel updloads 2-part release (Wednesday and Thursday at 21:00 JST) ahead of the TV airing.
HaroHapi CiRCLE Broadcast
HaroHapi CiRCLE Broadcast (ハロハピCIRCLE放送局) is a monthly livestream at the official YouTube channel which often delivers BanG Dream!'s latest or upcoming information. It is hosted by Itou Miku and Toyota Moe.
- To see the list of lyricists, composers and arrangers, click here.