Eve works part-time at Tsugumi's family's cafe, and Tsugumi herself also helps out there. She is also the vice president of Haneoka's student council.
Tsugumi has soft brown eyes and chin-length chestnut brown hair in a bob. She has a small side-swept fringe. Her casual attire is feminine with natural colors.
In her initial casual wear, Tsugumi wears a cream-colored button-up cardigan which she keeps open, a brown striped dress and black tights.
During winter, she wears a patterned cardigan with dark brown sleeves, a teal knee-length skirt and black tights. During summer, she wears a white T-shirt and a light blue-grayish dress with a flower pattern. She also wears two sunflower-shaped hairpins and a small brown wristwatch.
Tsugumi views herself as the most normal girl in the band. However, she is a very hardworking and optimistic person who rarely gets discouraged, and her optimism buoys the other members' spirits. She is the one who also pushes the band to do and try different challenges, such as entering the Girls Jam concert event, and Tsugumi was even the one to suggest that the girls start a band. She can easily get flustered however, and tends to panic or have trouble with dealing with new people.
A list of characters Tsugumi interacts with in the game (during Lives and in the dialogues at the end of every game).
Hazawa (羽沢): Ha (羽) means "feather" and Zawa (沢) means "stream".
Tsugumi (つぐみ), when written in Kanji (鶫), means "thrush" which is a medium-sized songbird that typically have a brown back, spotted breast, and a loud song.
- She has been playing the piano for 7 years and keyboard for 3 years.
- She is afraid of thunder.
- She has the same height as Kasumi, Aya, Hina, and Kanon.
- Tsugumi became interested in astrology after going stargazing, and can recall her friends' astrological signs as well as the locations and mythology of stars and constellations.
- Whenever she works hard, the other members of Afterglow tend to say she is being "Tsugurific" (Tsugutteru in Japanese).
- She loves dolphins, and especially loves watching dolphin shows at aquariums.
- She is an only child and has stated that she is "kind of envious" of the idea of Tomoe and Ako performing together at home.
- She has a bad habit of staying up late reading music and manga.
- Similarly to Moca, she loves reading and collecting manga, especially shoujo manga. She also likes watching their movie adaptations.
- In the Persona collaboration, her character design is based on NOIR and Milady.
- She's the only member who refers to her fellow Afterglow members with the "-chan" honorific.