She has a habit of describing things with unusual ideophones such as "るん" (Romaji: run) or "ピピツ" (Romaji: pipitsu).
In the second season of the anime, she is a third-year student and the new student council president.
Like her sister Sayo, Hina has sharp green eyes and light, wavy teal hair. However, her bangs are brushed towards the right, and her hair is shoulder-length. Sections of her hair are worn on either side in a braid held by tiny yellow bows.
Her casual attire is fairly tomboyish, featuring pants or shorts and a gingham jacket worn on, or around her waist. During performances, however, she wears frilly and feminine outfits, keeping in theme with the other band members.
A natural genius with an impeccable memory, Hina can acquire and master new skills very quickly, often even with just one attempt. She is very cheerful and carefree, but her relaxed mindset also makes her unable to understand other people's emotions, and as such doesn't sometimes notice if she's insulting them. With this, Hina is also very candid, always being honest and sure of both herself and her actions, though at times she ends up being more blunt than honest.
Unlike Sayo, who dislikes being a twin, Hina seems to embrace it. She is very supportive of her sister and loves her regardless of how she treats her, but they often get into arguments due to their conflicting personalities. To add to this Hina wants to do most things together with her, but this ultimately has lead to Sayo quitting most of her hobbies as she felt like Hina was just copying her and then always did it better than her, thus feeding into her inferiority complex more.
A list of characters Hina interacts with in the game.
- She watches Roselia's shows to watch her sister perform, but when she's caught and told not to, Hina attends their shows in disguise.
- She can quickly remember slightly difficult things due to her genius nature, like a scenario log or sheet music.
- In Roselia's Band Story, it's also mentioned that Hina always gets the highest test scores.
- In one of her character lines, she admitted that she likes volleyball and is pretty good at it.
- The English translations of her two commonly used ideophones are "boppin'" and "zappin'."
- She is the only member of her own school's Astronomy Club similar to Kokoro.
- Hina's bright personality is hinted in her name as "Hi" (日) means both "Day" and "Sun", while Sayo's name contains the kanji for "Night" (夜) in it, furthering the contrast between the twins.