Aya has always admired idols ever since she was young, and the reason she wanted to become an idol was because of the idol group Marmalade's lead, Ayumi. Aya then spent three years being a trainee idol before she was chosen to become the lead singer for Pastel*Palettes.
In the second season of the anime, she is a third-year student.
Aya has fair skin, large pink eyes, and shoulder-length, pastel pink hair with wavy ends. Her bangs are straight cut with a small slant to the corner and a split off-center. Her forelocks are thin and curled. Usually, she wears her hair loose, but when performing or training, she ties it up in pigtails.
Her casual attire is flirty and feminine, with soft colors, floral accents, and jewelry. Aya wears a short, frilly white dress with a pink floral pattern, and bangle, a pink jeweled necklace, and carries a pink shoulder bag.
On the outside, Aya is very cheery, high-spirited, and bubbly. She is also very nice and has always been in love with idols. She is unselfish in her pursuits, helping others for the sake of being kind.
Deep down, however, she is a sensitive girl who suffers from a complex stemming from her desire to be noticed. Adding to this, she does not wear her disguise outside because she wants to get noticed, and even looks up constantly what people think of her on the internet. She gets worked up easily and tends to cry a lot, thus her improvisation skills are poor.
Aya works hard in order to become an idol she can be proud of, and is very determined in her goal and passion despite her shortcomings. She is also very knowledgeable about certain things, such as taking the perfect selfie, and is shown to constantly practice this.
A list of characters Aya interacts with in the game.
- She has a senpai-kouhai relationship with Kasumi and often frets over it.
- Aya often gets confused by Eve's actions.
- She has a younger sister whom she gets along well with.
- She, along with Eve, are the only members of Pastel*Palettes that interact with all other bands during Lives (and in the dialogues at the end of every game).
- Hina finds the way she cries funny, and often teases her about it.
- According to the event When the Flowers Bloom, Aya always carries a selfie stick around.
- She has a personal blog which she updates quite frequently.