Minato Yukina is a third-year student at Haneoka Girls' High School, the leader and vocalist of Roselia. She is a powerful vocalist, sparking the admiration of the other Roselia members, as well as the other people around her.
Her father, who was a professional singer, is the reason Yukina started singing. One of her goals was to reach the top as a vocalist that would impress her father and encourage him to start his pro career again; as the story goes on, she wants Roselia as a whole to become the best instead of just herself.
She is also trying to get Roselia to the "Future World Fes", which is a music festival reserved only for the best bands in the world, and where her father played as well. They eventually achieve this in Noble Rose -A Song, an Extreme- and move onto higher goals.
Yukina has sharp, gold eyes and long silver hair worn loose with some type of hair decoration. Her long forelocks rest over her shoulders and her bangs just reach her eyes.
Her casual attire is fairly fancy with muted or dark tones. In her initial outfit, Yukina wears a white buttoned-up shirt with frills and a knee-length black pencil skirt. Her outfit is complemented by a black butterfly hairpin and black bracelet with a rose on it.
During winter, Yukina wears a small black cardigan with a blue button-up shirt with frills in the middle, and a two-layered white knee-length skirt and a gray ribbon with purple lace and a black rose in the middle. She also wears black tights with both her default and winter outfits. During summer she wears a sleeveless blue-gray shirt with stripes, a white ribbon around her neck, and a two-layered indigo skirt.
Yukina is a cold-blooded, fierce and passionate girl. She has a cutthroat attitude towards reaching her goals, expects nothing less than perfect results, and takes practice very seriously. Because of this, she has no qualms with chiding or insulting someone if she feels they are underperforming. She is openly dismissive to people she deems below her standards.
However, with the people who are on her good side, she is not quite as cold as usual. Though Yukina is proud of her abilities and talent as a singer, she has also seen this as a bit of a weakness, because she thinks she is only good at singing and nothing else. However, she eventually becomes more confident and is even able to say that she "loves music more than anyone else." She also has trouble displaying her emotions properly and appears stoic most of the time.
She secretly loves cats and denies it when questioned about it. Yukina also tends to be stubborn over certain things such as her inability to do household chores, though she eventually starts overcoming this and wants to learn more about cooking and baking. In addition to this, despite initially claiming they were a waste of time, she starts getting engaged in activities outside of music, especially with the other members of Roselia (such as playing Neo Fantasy Online or getting interested in theater production).
Outside of her bandmates (and Hina), whom she calls by their first names, she refers to everyone with their last names and honorifics.
A list of characters Yukina interacts with in the game (during Lives and in the dialogues at the end of every game).
Minato (湊) means "to assemble together."
Yukina (友希那): Yu (友) means "friend", Ki (希) means "rare" or "to hope, to expect, to strive for" and Na (那) means "what".
- She used to be known as the Lone-Wolf Songstress due to her rejecting offers from talent agencies and choosing to work by herself before the formation of Roselia.
- She has the same height as Rokka, Himari, and Kokoro.
- She puts a lot of sugar into her coffee due to disliking bitter things.
- Her love for rock music is so huge that she can recognize any song just by the intro.
- Yukina knows how to play guitar and has used it to compose songs for Roselia, though this hasn't been shown outside of the OVA.
- Yukina loves cats so much that she sometimes mishears some words as "cat," as said in one of the loading 1-komas.
- She also used to own a cat when she was younger.
- In the Re:Zero collaboration, her character design was based on Emilia.
- In Senki Zesshou Symphogear XD Unlimited's collaboration with Girls Band Party!, her 2nd stage outfit was used as the design for Kohinata Miku's card.
- See also: Minato Yukina on CeVIO Wiki
- Onstage (Shirokane Rinko)/Card Story#Episode
- Time Spent in Secret/Card Story
- Hectic Happy Valentine's/Event Story
- Trace Of Effort/Card Story#Episode
- Neo Fantasy Online -Wedding Day Dragon-/Event Story
- Backstage Methods/Event Story
- Roselia/Band Story
- Don't leave me, Lisa!!!!/Event Story
- Yukina's Menu Line - I love rock music so much, I can tell you what any song is just by the intro.
- BanG Dream! First Season OVA
- File:Loading Screen Comic 032.jpg