Ran has short black hair with her short bangs partially tucked beneath her forelocks, one of which is dyed red. She has partially sharp dark red eyes.
Her casual attire is fairly simple and monotone, befitting her rebellious personality.
Her original band attire consists of a black T-shirt with crimson graphic and stud lining, worn over a red tank top, along with ripped denim shorts and red-and-black boots. She also wears a choker and matching bracelets on her wrist.
Her current band uniform consists of a ripped red shirt with black fabric on the chest, paired with a loose black hoodie with white paint splatters and Afterglow written on it, black short-shorts with stitching on the side of the leg, and the same choker and bracelets, paired with a secondary necklace, tattoo, and earrings. Her black boots include a single red sock for the left leg, and a stocking for the right with garter straps.
Prior to forming the band, Ran's hair was completely black and she didn't have her signature red stripe.
Ran is the only child of the masters of a flower-arrangement school that dates back to over 100 years ago. While she has no particular interests, she is strong-willed and hates losing, and is the type of person to treasure her childhood friends and family deeply. Despite this, she founded Afterglow as an attempt to rebel against her father, who wants her to inherit the school.
Ran has an aloof nature, which hides her loneliness from other people. Deep down, she wishes to become closer to others, but can be socially awkward and has a tendency to trip over her words. She can be easily flustered and is somewhat hot-blooded.
Ran keeps her problems to herself and brushes off help from others, but while she may appear cold or detached, the warmer side to her is best seen in her quiet fondness towards her friends, primarily the other members of Afterglow. Ran observes the other members while remaining unobtrusive and cares for them greatly; she often asks about their well-being or laughs at their jokes, albeit subtly.
A list of characters Ran interacts with in the game.
- She has a tendency of saying "Same as always", which usually means the band has done their best.
- Ran has a habit of leaving others "on read", in which she will only read text messages sent to her and never reply to them.
- Ran writes the lyrics for most, if not all of Afterglow's songs.
- Ran has mentioned having a part-time job. It has not been specified as to what this job is.
- In the Persona collaboration, her character design is based on JOKER and Arsene.
- She is the only member of Afterglow who interacts with all other bands during Lives, and in the dialogues at the end of every game. (This may not include birthday interactions).
- Despite having a fairly quiet voice when talking, she is capable of reaching impressive tones while singing.
- ↑ As Evening Clears/Event Story
- ↑ File:Loading Screen Comic 13.jpg
- ↑ Happy Summer Vacation!/Event Story