During Rimi's high school entrance ceremony, she heard Kasumi's self-introduction that was filled with boundless optimism, and this sparked her interest in her. Though Rimi wanted to change her cowardly and shy personality, she had initially been unable to do anything about it.
At first, Rimi declined Kasumi's invitation to become a member of the band Poppin'Party because of her stage fright, but everything changed when she became inspired by Kasumi who sang onstage at SPACE until Glitter*Green, who were late because of the storm, arrived. She eventually found her confidence to overcome her stage fright and managed to perform with Kasumi and Arisa. After the show, she finally decided to join Kasumi's band as its third member and bassist.
Rimi resembles her older sister, having the same black hair and red eyes. But while Yuri's eyes are sharper in shape, hers are downward slanted. Her short black hair is chin-length with sections of hair pulled back in a loop on the side of her head, while her bangs are straight-cut.
Rimi is a shy and reserved girl who admires her older sister and often gushes over her. She tends to compare herself to the others frequently, and wishes she could be more confident and be able to "speak up" more often. Rimi is cute and sweet-natured, and often blushes when flustered, but at times can be very determined and strong as well.
As Rimi used to live in the Kansai region, her Kansai dialect sometimes slips into her speech when she stumbles on her sentences or is very nervous; she is a bit embarrassed of this.
A list of characters Rimi interacts with in the game (during Lives and in the dialogues at the end of every game).
Ushigome (牛込) is a name of a neighborhood and a former ward in the now-defunct Tokyo City. It was merged with the Yotsuya ward of Tokyo City and Yodabashi suburban ward of Tokyo Prefecture to form the modern Shinjuku ward.
Rimi (りみ) has no meaning on its own.
- In the original storyline, Rimi was a ninja who tried selling freshly cooked rice at school and referred to Kasumi as her "master". She was also cheekier, initially saying that she didn't want to join Kasumi's band because she was only willing to play in "Japan's greatest band" despite being an amateur bassist herself.
- ESP Guitars has released a real-life version of Rimi's bass, Viper Bass, alongside Tae and Kasumi's guitars, and other Bandori merchandise.
- Despite liking horror novels, movies and games, she doesn't like haunted houses.
- She likes horror movies with ghosts, zombies and supernatural beings and things the most.
- She has the same height as Tsukushi, and is also the shortest Poppin'Party member.
- Rimi also has a complex over her height and says that she wants to be taller.
- Her family owns a chocolate fountain.
- In the 5th episode of BanG Dream! 1st Season, Rimi and Yuri made and wrote a song about chocolate cornets together.
- Rimi is the only member who refers to her fellow Poppin'Party members with the "-chan" honorific.
- In My Design, My Texture Rimi reveals that she has started a blog where she reviews and compares different sweets and pastries, as suggested by Himari.
- In the A Certain Scientific Railgun T collaboration, her character design was based on Uiharu Kazari.
- The Feeling of Giving/Card Story
- Time for Chocolate Cornets/Card Story#Special Episode
- Band Girls of the Dead/Event Story
- Rimi - Edogawa Music: I want to get taller, but...
- File:Loading Screen Comic 005.jpg