Wakana Rei is a second-year high school student at Geijutsu Academy's Musical Department. She goes by the stage name LAYER (レイヤ) and is the vocalist and bassist for the band RAISE A SUILEN.
She is Tae's childhood friend.
Rei has fair skin and smooth dark-brown hair reaching her top back with no fringe, but bangs that cover her ears and lightning blue eyes.
Her outfit consists of a white shirt with a wide neckline and long sleeves to her wrists, slightly torn jeans, and a black sleeveless jacket open until mid-torso.
She carries a studded belt with chains made of silver on her right hip, a leather bracelet on her right wrist, and a black bracelet on her left wrist. She also wears two necklaces, and her shoes are high ankle boots with black shoelaces.
Rei is a calm and mature girl. Due to her mature attitude, she has a tendency to keep a certain feeling of distance from others. She is a professional singer who can sing any song, and has loved singing ever since she was young. She has a very deep voice for a teenager. As a child, she even mentions that she was too shy to sing because she "doesn't sound like a kid", before Tae started interacting with her and she was able to overcome her complex.
A list of characters Rei interacts with in the game (during Lives and in the dialogues at the end of every game).
- She attended the same music school as Tae and Arisa.
- In addition to temporary part-time singing jobs, she used to play bass as a backup band for famous artists.
- She shares her birthday with her voice actress, which was also the same date as when THE THIRD performed at GARUPARTY in Tokyo! as a backing band.
- She is both the tallest member of RAISE A SUILEN and tallest of all the 35 girls.
- Rei is the only one out of the 35 girls who doesn't wear and has never been shown to wear a school uniform because her school, which is a magnet school for the fine arts, does not have a uniform.
- Rei also likes taking baths and cooking.